Thinking about establishing your own mobile toilet hire business? It’s a smart move because mobile sanitation offers several benefits, including the ability to: be successful and financially independent, be your own boss, provide services that are needed and much appreciated, serve your community, and help keep our world clean.
These are the steps you should understand before you get started and follow as you go through the process of starting your mobile toilet hire business:
Step 1: Research
- Learn about the industry (physical/time demands, equipment, regulations, etc.), identify a potential service area, evaluate potential customers, assess the level of demand, identify competitors and perform a SWOT analysis. A SWOT analysis is a review of the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats that would be applicable to your portable toilet hire business.
Step 2: Create a Business Plan
- A general business plan consists of: Executive Summary, Company Description, Product/Service Line, Market Analysis, Marketing Strategy, Management Summary & Financial Projections. Details of a business plan specific to the mobile sanitation industry include route planning, waste disposal, service scheduling, pricing and billing. Read our article How to Create a Mobile Toilet Business Plan for more details.
Step 3: Find a Business Location
- Determine if you will be able to establish your business at home or if you need to purchase or lease commercial workspace.
Step 4: Get Your Finances in Order
- Estimate your startup costs, compile available funds and/or find a lender and apply for a loan.
Step 5: Meet Legal Requirements
- Pick and register a business name, obtain necessary licenses/permits, register for taxes and obtain insurance.
Step 6: Set Up Your Accounting System
- Hire an accountant or set up accounting software to track your finances.
Step 7: Prepare Your Workspace
- Set up your workspace, whether it’s at home or at another location, so that your business can operate effectively.
Step 8: Purchase Equipment & Supplies
- Obtain all the things you need to operate your mobile toilet hire company. This includes a combination of a lorry, mobile toilets, supplies, cleaning equipment, portable hand wash basinss, hand sanitiser, mobile toilet trailer and accessories, as needed.
Step 9: Market Your Business
- Brand your business, set up your website, distribute business cards and brochures, advertise, and get involved in the community to attract customers and build the reputation of your company.
Step 10: Go to Work
- Get out there and start serving your community.
For more information about starting your portable toilet hire business, contact us and speak to one of our experts.